The course is for anyone wanting to learn how to recognise and care for people with life-threatening injuries before the arrival of healthcare practitioners. It is also for people who require basic first aid training as part of their job.first aid contact
Who is this course for:
This course is designed to provide the learner with the understanding, knowledge and practical skills required to provide and coordinate first aid in the workplace or emergency in compliance with the requirements of the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2007 and its accompanying Regulations and Guidelines.
This course is designed to enable the learner to:
– Understand the responsibilities of the FAR place in the workplace.
– Provide treatment for the purpose of preserving life or minimising consequences of injuries until medical help arrives
– Provide treatment in the workplace for an injury which does not require medical attention.
– Be capable of coordinating first aid arrangements in the workplace.
– Be familiar with Health and Safety legislation on First Aid provision in the workplace.
Method of Delivery:
The course will utilise both theory and practical learning which will encourage student participation and feedback and ensure strong knowledge of practical skills.
Are experienced and qualified PHECC instructors
Learners who successfully complete this course will receive a PHECC Certificate (Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Council) which is valid for 2 years.
The following is a overview of topics covered on this course, ADULT & PAEDIATRIC SKILLS: